Sunday, April 27, 2014

My Story

I'd like to share a summary of my vocation history, the events that led me to become a seminarian of this institution, the diocesan seminary and the people who helped me.

I owed my vocation and my love for God to St. John Paul II. Because of him I was able to know the Faith more and more, until now.

My parents supported me in my plans to become a priest, and since childhood they taught me how to pray the basic prayers. My aunt also gave me some religious books to read and shared to me how she loves John Paul II so much. I remember that they would bring me to Church to pray. When they pray, I imitate them the way they prayer. I know that without them, my desire to go on in this journey would make both my soul and body weary and tired.

When I was very young I was a very religious boy, a very very good boy. You can ask to our neighbors especially a Kagawad and they would tell about me that "he's a very good boy" "kabalo mo-ampo ug rosaryo bisan bata pa"(he's very young and knows to pray the rosary), etc, etc. True, I was very religious in the past, but when I entered high school until now I seldom attend the weekly Kasaulogan meetings at our chapel every Saturday night. I didn't know most of our neighbors. I mostly stayed at home or going with my parents to help them in their business.

I entered the service as an altar server in our parish when I was in 2nd year high school and my service there helped me appreciate more the Mass and the sacraments by their heritage and majesty. I am also thankful to our former parish priest who is now our seminary's spiritual director who helped me to discern whether I am fit to become a seminarian or not. Right now I am still discerning on what road should I take.

When I graduated High School I asked whether I'll enter the diocesan seminary or to become a religious brother. I decided to enter the diocesan seminary. Well life here in the diocesan seminary was good, I was able to open myself by relating myself with people who are unique in their personality. It may be hard but it's good. At least I enjoyed my stay rather than to feel guilt when I get old that I didn't take that opportunity.

Well that sums up everything. As a history-lover, I say that my life is not yet well-recorded. I am still alive, I want to enjoy my life here on earth, I am not dead. So is my journey as a seminarian. I thank God that I am recommended to the second year. That means I can bully the lower ones. Joking aside. I hope that with my limited strength and unfailing trust to God may open the hearts of our formators to give me another time to show them that I am willing to become a priest.

No comments:

Post a Comment